Monday 25 February 2008

istanbul



Istanbul

Dear all

I am writing this post from Hotel Tashkonak in Istanbul facing

beautiful Marmara sea. White gulls flying in few meters while large

vessels and small boats are hanging around. It is a beautiful city.

Yesterday my application to my US student visa was rejected in US

embassy in Ankara. Well I will never more apply for a US visa in my

life. If US embassies are really representatives of the United States

then US is not a good country to live or even to study in. What I

faced in US embassy is a severe discriminative behavior and what I can

never tolerate is discrimination. I have never asked for any type of

relations more than 3 times. All my 3 applications to US were rejected

and that is why US is out of my mind for ever. I have already

recovered the bad feelings I had about the event yesterday and I am

enjoying the marvelous weather here.

I had a chance to visit Ayasofia yesterday. It is really nice and I

had the opportunity to read understand and enjoy the texts on the

walls (what Turks could not do themselves). I also visited Museum of

Turkish and Islamic Arts. The so called 'Islamic Art' has been

fascinating for me from early childhood although I am not sure if the

name Islamic art is the correct name for this art. Any way I hope to


No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker