Sunday 24 February 2008

istanbul turkey



Istanbul, Turkey

On the way back from Izmir, I stayed for one night in Istanbul. Of

course, we wanted to experience a traditional Turkish evening, so we

asked some of our Turkish colleagues for some advice on where to go.

They arranged for us to attend an evening at a restaurant where thay

also had 'traditional Turkish belly dancing'. It was certainly an

experience I will not forget... mainly because I left this

'traditional Turkish' experience singing "La viva Espa�a!". Suffice to

say that I didn't feel that I had really grasped the esscence of the

Turkish traditions... though we did see some very interesting

dancing!!!

It's hard to make a real judgement in one night, but I think it might

have helped if I hadn't spent most of the night listening to someone

singing Spanish songs!!! It seemed to be a very interesting place, but


No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker